SOSI is short for Samordnet Opplegg for Stedfestet Informasjon (literally "Coordinated Approach for Spatial Information", but more commonly expanded in English to Systematic Organization of Spatial Information).
The open standard was developed by the Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Authority. It was first published in 1987 (version 1.0). It is continuously being revised and further developed. The long term development points towards international standards (ISO 19100). This work is being done by ISO/TC211, currently chaired by Olaf Østensen with the Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Authority.
- Morten Borrebæk and Olaf Østensen (1997). "Coördinated Approach for Spatial Information (SOSI) Norway". In Harold Moellering; Richard L. Hogan (eds.). Spatial Database Transfer Standards 2: Characteristics for Assessing Standards and Full Descriptions of the National and International Standards in the World. Elsevier. ISBN 0-08-042433-3.
- GML 3.1 specification (requires EULA to read)
- Digital Earth: GeoWeb
- GeoRSS - Geographically Encoded Objects for RSS Feeds
- Recommended XMLGML encoding of common CRS definitions, Open Geospatial Consortium
- Demonstration of a Coordinate Reference System Registry[permanent dead link], Open Geospatial Consortium
- Coordinate Reference System Registry of the OGP, - Supersedes above demonstration registry. OGP = Oil and Gas Producers Association.
- C++ Data Binding for GML
- sosi2kml utility
|This standards- or measurement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|