This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was keep. BLANKFAZE | (что??) 23:29, 22 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This college does not establish notability, is a stub, and is already listed in the Visalia, California article. -- Riffsyphon1024 10:16, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- 1) It's a college, an institution of higher learning, so it is a priori notable by Wikipedia standards.
- 2) It's a stub, in need of time for expansion, and
- 3) It was a stub all of 3 minutes old when you slapped the VFD tag on it.
- A little quick on the trigger there, Hoss? --Calton | Talk 12:20, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep colleges and universities, and please reread civility. —Korath (Talk) 13:06, Mar 5, 2005 (UTC)
- Note: Changed from stubstub to stub. Also, I find your passive-aggressive snarkiness very uncivil and unfounded: if you think drawing attention to a bad practice is uncivil, well, it can't be helped that you'll be offended by feedback frequently, then. --Calton | Talk 13:45, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Calton's rudeness in this subject as well as others does not help matters, only hinders them. At the same time, smacking VFD on a stub three minutes after it's created does not help matters either, and serves to bite newcomers, if the page isn't vandalism or patent nonsense. Mike H 21:02, Mar 5, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Agree with above. —ExplorerCDT 22:39, 5 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. I have no problem with keeping colleges, even junior colleges. But I repudiate both Mike H's and Calton's comments. RickK 23:03, Mar 5, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep, all universities are notable. Tygar 01:59, Mar 6, 2005 (UTC)
- It's only a two-year junior college, not a university. RickK 05:10, Mar 6, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. It's an edicational institution.--Centauri 06:48, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- LOL, I take it that none of them institutions ever got you "edicated." (sic) —ExplorerCDT 07:35, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC) (had to)
- You could have kept that one to yourself. Mike H 11:53, Mar 6, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. James F. (talk) 17:57, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep and expand. Colleges are notable in my book. Also, please remember civility and wikilove when making your comments. Capitalistroadster 18:37, 6 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep Wincoote 02:29, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. -- Necrothesp 15:25, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Calton said it best.--Gene_poole 01:25, 9 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep: a college with 10,000 students is just as notable as a town with 10,000 people. hike395 12:49, 11 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.